Chimney Cleaning and Sweeping Services in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia
At Capitol Chimney Service, we specialize in chimney services in the Maryland and Washington, DC area. Whether you need inspections, cleaning or repairs to your chimney, fireplace or venting system, Capitol Chimney Service can help. As a member of the esteemed National Chimney Sweep Guild, we are a family owned chimney company and we take pride in our work. Give yourself peace of mind by hiring a licensed and insured professional chimney company. We do it right the first time!
Chimney Sweeps and Chimney Cleaning
Our chimney services also include sweeps and cleaning to remove flammable deposits such as soot and creosote from the interior walls of a chimney. Having regular chimney sweeps and cleaning will help to prevent deposit build up, which can cause a chimney fire. Capitol Chimney Service also offers the following cleaning services:
Gas and Oil Chimney Cleaning -The best time of the year to clean an oil chimney is in the spring time after the heating season, when the oil furnace is subjected to long running cycles.
Woodstove Cleaning - Woodstoves require maintenance on a yearly basis to assure safe, proper operation and prevent chimney fires.
Fireplace Cleaning - Cleaning the fireplace should ideally come at a time when you do not expect to use it for a while, as in the warm summer months, to remove ash, soot and smoke build-up.
At Capitol Chimney Service, our waterproofing chimney service protects your chimney from water damage and staining. Your chimney is constantly exposed to outdoor elements, so using a water repellent is vital to prevent more expensive masonry reconstruction and repairs.
In addition to our chimney cleaning and sweeping services, Capital Chimney Service also can handle your bigger chimney repairs. Our chimney repair services include:
- Spot cutting for minor brick damage
- Rebuilding for chimney’s with severe damage
- Masonry to fix cracks and wall deterioration
- Relining to repair or remove and replace flue liners
Chimney, Fireplace and Venting System Inspections
Capitol Chimney Service’s chimney services include inspections for your chimney, fireplace and related venting system. Chimneys and venting systems should be professionally inspected after changes to a chimney or vent system, a chimney fire or purchasing a home with a chimney. We offer three levels of chimney inspections:
- Level I Chimney Inspections: A Level I inspection is the recommended level when an evaluation of the chimney system for continued service is needed and the conditions of use are not changing.
- Level II Chimney Inspections: More detailed and thorough than a Level I inspection, a Level II Inspection is the recommended inspection when conditions of use for the appliance or venting system change, or when a Level I inspection reveals the need for a more detailed inspection.
- Level III Chimney Inspections: The most detailed of all of the inspection types, a Level III inspection includes inspection of concealed areas of the building. However, examination of concealed areas will be limited to areas reasonably suspected of containing hazards that cannot be evaluated otherwise.
From chimney cleaning to chimney repair and chimney rebuild, we are your one stop chimney service. We are licensed, insured and certified, so you can be assured that our primary objective is to make your chimney, fireplace and venting systems cleaner, safer and more energy-efficient. If you need chimney cleaning services in the Maryland or Washington, DC area, contact Capitol Chimney Service today.
Chevy Chase, MD
Ellicott City, MD
Silver Spring, MD
Owings Mills, MD
Aspen Hill, MD
College Park, MD
Garrett Park, MD
Severna Park, MD
Great Falls, VA