Air Duct Cleaning in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia
Suffering from Asthma or Allergies? Clean Your Ducts!
Did you know that you could have mold, lint, dust mites, bugs, and more growing in your air vents? That’s not even the worst part—your family is breathing in air that comes from these vents. This could cause an increase in asthma or allergies. Remove these harmful particles with air duct cleaning. For professional air duct cleaning in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Arlington, and the surrounding areas in Maryland and Virginia, call Capitol Chimney Service!
Give us a call or contact us online to schedule service!
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
- Air duct cleaning reduces allergies. Allergy and disease-causing dust, pollen, fungus and bacteria reside in your air conditioning and heating ducts. Each time the fan goes on, it forces them into your living environment for you to breathe. The American Lung Association recognizes this as a major cause of allergies and disease. Doctors and allergists alike commonly prescribe home heating and air conditioning duct cleaning as a solution.
- Clean air ducts save you money. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that removing as little as .4 inches of dust from heating or cooling system coils will reduce energy consumption up to 21 percent. This can save you considerable money on your utility bill.
- Air duct cleaning extends your cooling or heating system life. Experts estimate that nearly nine out of ten, central heating and air conditioning systems fail or breakdown because a proper maintenance routine was not performed.
- Clean air ducts improve indoor air quality. Many consider air duct cleaning vital to maintain healthy indoor air. Dust, allergens (pollen, pet dander) and toxins (mold, mildew, rodent droppings) are commonly found in air ducts. If air ducts are not cleaned regularly these particles can be released into your home—potentially irritating allergies and causing severe respiratory problems.
- Air duct cleaning reduces odor in your home. Dust, mold and bacteria in an air duct system will create a musty smell in a home that no amount of air fresheners or candles can eliminate. Regular cleaning for your air conditioning ducts and heating ducts can eliminate this problem.
- Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there are an estimated annual 15,500 fires, 10 deaths, 10 injuries and cases of carbon monoxide poisoning associated with improper maintenance of dryer vents. Your dryer vent exhaust duct should be professionally cleaned once to twice a year.
- Dryer vent cleaning improves a dryers efficiency. Few people realize that dryer vent duct cleaning significantly improves the efficiency of the dryer, thereby lowering utility costs. Dryer vent cleaning can often be performed by the homeowner but the location of the duct work, length of the dryer hose and other factors often mean a professional dryer vent cleaner is needed.
Schedule Duct Cleaning in MD, DC & VA
If you are looking for a reliable and friendly air duct cleaning company in Baltimore, Washington, DC, Arlington, or the surrounding areas, contact Capitol Chimney Service. Call today for a free quote on dryer vent or air duct cleaning. We’ll make sure your heating and air conditioning ducts operate efficiently and safely to protect the air you and your family breathes.
Chevy Chase, MD
Ellicott City, MD
Silver Spring, MD
Owings Mills, MD
Aspen Hill, MD
College Park, MD
Garrett Park, MD
Severna Park, MD
Great Falls, VA